W obchodach uczestniczyło kilka set osób, wszyscy żyjący spadkobiercy, w tym nasza Rosi Sunya wraz z mężem Rosi Lawsonem.
Dostaliśmy kilka zdjęć od Mariana Malinowskiego, który uczestniczył także w obchodach. Oto one:
50th ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATIVE WEEKEND
July 1-3, 2016
Friday, July 1
Welcome Receptions (Arnold Park & Chapin Mill)
3:00 – 7:00 pm Registration & Information Desk (Arnold Park link and Retreat Center foyer)
Upon arriving, please check in at the desk to receive a nametag, program, and a special gift.
3:00 – 7:00 pm Reception: Tea and Sweets (Arnold Park garden and Chapin Mill dining room)
4:00 – 6:00 pm RZC Store (5 Arnold Park parlor and Retreat Center foyer)
RZC T-shirts and teacups as well as incense will be available for purchase.
Saturday, July 2
Celebration and Informal Devotions (Arnold Park)
10:00 am – 3:00 pm Registration & Information Desk (in the Link)
Only necessary for those who did not check in previously.
10:00 am – 11:00 am RZC Store (5 Arnold Park parlor)
11:30 am Welcoming Remarks & Introduction of Teachers (garden)
Noon – 2:00 pm Vegetarian Lunch Buffet by Orange Glory (parking lot area)
Noon – 2:00 pm Perrin Yang Quartet Performance (garden)
Rebecca Gilbert, Flute
Perrin Yang, Violin
Marc Anderson, Viola
Benjamin Krug, Cello
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm RZC Store (5 Arnold Park parlor)
7:30 – 9:30 pm Leo Kottke Concert (Memorial Art Gallery Auditorium)
Seating limited to those who pre-registered.
Sunday, July 3
Sangha Picnic & Festivities (Chapin Mill)
In addition to the activities below, we’ll have a variety of outdoor activities and games. Dress for the weather conditions and bring along a bathing suit and towel for swimming in the pond (when lifeguard is present).
9:30 am First of three shuttles departs from Arnold Park to Chapin Mill (departs from the lot adjacent to the RZC lot, i.e. Lutheran Church lot)
10:00 am Second shuttle departs from Arnold Park to Chapin Mill
10:00 am – 3:00 pm: Registration & Information Desk (Retreat Center foyer)
Only necessary for those who did not check in previously
11:00 am Last shuttle departs from Arnold Park to Chapin Mill
11:00 – Noon RZC Store (Retreat Center foyer)
11:30 am – Noon Guided tour of Chapin Mill Retreat Center (meeting location: Retreat Center foyer)
• This same tour is offered at 1:30 pm. To manage the number of participants, guests will be asked to sign up for the 11:30 am or 1:30 pm tour at the Registration & Information Desk. Self-guided tours can be taken at any time. Informational signs about notable figures, furnishings, building features, etc. will be posted throughout the building.
11:00 am – 3:00 pm Music in the meadow, featuring Sangha artists:
• 11:00 am–12:00 pm: Singer and songwriter Susanna Rose http://www.susannarose.com/
• Noon–1:00 pm: Jazz standards with Carlos Sanchez (Guitar), John Botsford (Vocals), and Phil Swanson (Trombone and Piano) http://swansonmusic.com/
• 1:00–2:00 pm: Singer and songwriter Shelley O’Brien http://shelleyobrien.ca/
• 2:00–3:00 pm: Golden oldies and classics from the 60s, 70s and 80s with Addison Heffernan (Vocals and Guitar), Phil Swanson (Trombone and Piano), and Carlos Sanchez (Guitar)
Noon – 2:00 pm Vegetarian Barbecue Picnic Lunch by Sticky Lips Pit BBQ (served in field next to the Mill House)
1:30–2:00 pm Guided tour of Chapin Mill Retreat Center (meeting location: Retreat Center foyer)
2:00 pm Chapin Mill Courtyard design presentation by sculptor Todd McGrain (Retreat Center exercise room, lower level) http://www.toddmcgrain.com/
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm RZC Store (Retreat Center foyer)
3:00 pm Future columbarium site tour (meeting location: pond area in front of the barn)
3:30 pm Departure of first shuttle to Arnold Park (barn field)
4:30 pm Departure of second shuttle to Arnold Park (barn field)
5:15 pm Departure of last shuttle to Arnold Park (barn field)